Internet Use & E-Safety
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning.
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others:
- I will use only my own login and password.
- I will not look at or delete other people's files.
- I will not bring floppy disks or memory sticks into school unless I have permission.
- I will only email people I know and my teacher has approved.
- The email messages I send will be sensible and polite.
- When sending an email message, I will not give out my home address, phone number or arrange to meet someone.
- I will ask permission before opening an email or attachment sent by someone I do not know.
- I will not use Internet chat rooms.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher.
- I know that the school may check my computer files and can monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I understand that if i deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers in school.
Please look at these Internet Safety websites for more ideas on how to stay safe on the internet.
As Parents, you play a vital role in the E-Safety education of your children. You can't be there 100% of the time when your child is on the internet. So we need to give them the correct information. All children are taught how to keep themselves 'safe', as far as possible, when using the Internet.
Eyrescroft Primary School's 'Internet Safety Policy' is regularly reviewed by staff and Governors.
The links below are some of the websites we use in school to help your children stay safe. We have included two websites for Parents to look at:
There are also two e-books to read:
Download the 'Stay SMART' leaflets below.