Aims & Ethos
Our Ethos is based upon five principles:
|Care||for each other and the school|
|Courtesy||towards everyone in the school|
|Consideration||of others in the things we say and do|
the success of our school is based upon the learning community working together
|Courage||to take on new challenges and take risks|
Our commitment to the 5C's is at the heart of pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development, and contributes to their preparation for life in Peterborough, modern Britain and the world.
We present a termly "5C's Awards" to pupils who have demonstrated one or more of the 5C's during each term. See our 5C's Awards page.
- For every child in our care to have an enjoyable and stimulating education, where they all have the opportunity to experience success and achievement;
- For all children to become self-confident, independent and resourceful learners;
- To ensure children have the skills needed to make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives;
- To provide every child with an excellent learning experience that is facilitated by excellent teaching;
- For all children to be safe, happy and secure;
- To form strong and effective partnerships with our families;
- To teach children to be strong, independent, self-assured individuals prepared for the next step in their learning journey;
- To ‘Bring out the Best’ in every child, so they all can be the best they can be.
Together, we endeavour to develop the following skills:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
By developing these five skills, we aim to promote motivation, resilience, and aspiration in all children, enabling them to effectively participate and engage with learning.
Priority 1: Raise Achievement of vulnerable groups in Reading, Writing and Maths.
Priority 2: Strengthen teachers' use of assessment.
Priority 3: Develop teachers' and childrens' understanding of learning behaviours.