Aims & Ethos
Our Mission as a school community is to:
Inspire. Achieve. Celebrate.
To fulfil our Mission, our aims are:
To help all members of our school community, regardless of their race, gender or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world.
To develop understanding of and respect for, a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life.
To make all children feel welcome and safe in a happy, secure environment which is supportive and stimulating.
To encourage all children to appreciate the world in which they live, caring for their local environment and developing an awareness of the responsibility that they all have for the future of our planet.
To foster the necessary skills, determination and interest in all children to enable them to be lifelong learners with the determination to succeed.
To promote a creative curriculum with opportunities for children to learn and achieve through first hand experiences in a range of settings.
To ensure that learning activities are engaging, purposeful and challenging whilst encouraging risk taking.
To develop positive partnerships with parents and the wider community, as we celebrate together our children's successes and continually encourage them to be the best that they can be.
Our Ethos is based upon five principles:
|Care||for each other and the school|
|Courtesy||towards everyone in the school|
|Consideration||of others in the things we say and do|
the success of our school is based upon the learning community working together
|Courage||to take on new challenges and take risks|
Our commitment to the 5C's is at the heart of pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development and contributes to their preparation for life in Peterborough, modern Britain and the World.
We present a termly 5C's Awards to pupils who have demonstrated one or more of the 5C's during each term. See our 5C's Awards page.
- For every child in our care to have an enjoyable, stimulating education where they all have the opportunity to experience success and achievement;
- For all children to become self-confident, independent and resourceful learners;
- To ensure children have the skills needed to make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives;
- To provide every child with an excellent learning experience that is facilitated by excellent teaching;
- For all children to be safe, happy and secure;
- To form strong and effective partnerships with our families to teach children to be strong, independent, self-assured individuals prepared for the next step in their learning journey;
- To ‘Inspire. Achieve. Celebrate’ so every child can be the best they can be.
Together, we endeavour to develop the following skills:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
By developing these five skills, we aim to promote motivation, resilience, and aspiration in all children, enabling them to effectively participate and engage with learning.
Priority 1: Raise Achievement of vulnerable groups in Reading, Writing and Maths.
Priority 2: Strengthen teachers use of assessment.
Priority 3: Develop teachers and children's understanding of learning behaviours.