Executive Principal's Blog
I am the Executive Principal of both Highlees and Eyrescroft Primary Schools. My association with Highlees started in 2011. The Federation formed in 2015. My blog aims to provide stakeholders and visitors with information and updates related to both schools.
We would like to welcome you back to the Summer Term and we hope you have all had a lovely break with your families and friends. As you know the Summer Term is always a full and hectic one and we have lots to fit in before the end of the school year.
With this in mind, we would like to remind parents and carers of the link between school attendance and pupils progress and we urge you to ensure children attend school every day and arrive at school in plently of time to start the day. Towards the end of last term the number of children arriving after the start of the school day was on the increase. This means that the children are missing out on vital key teaching, which will have a negative impact on their learning.
The number of requests for time away from school are always considered on on an individual basis, however the schools are unable to authorise any holidays. We would also encourage parents to try and make appointments outside of the school day whenever possible.
Parking continues to be a huge issue at the start of and end of the day. Local residents are rightly frustrated with this. Where possible, please park safely and respectfully.
Now that the weather has improved, cycling and walking to school could help solve this issue and there are added health benefits too.
All Weather Clothing
Although we have started the Summer Term, it is still officially spring. Having a waterproof jacket will be essential for the chilly mornings and the unpredicatable English weather!
Both Eyrescroft and Highlees are welcoming new staff and I'm sure you would all like to join us in wishing them a very warm welcome to our schools.
Eyrescroft are welcoming one new staff member to their team.
- Miss Sarah Dines will be teaching in Year 1, covering Mrs Fletcher's maternity leave.
Highlees are welcoming three new staff members to the team.
- Fiona Parkinson who is going to be a Teaching Assistant, working in Year 2.
- Carolyn Coenen who will be taking a position working as a 1-1 Teaching Assistant in EYFS
- Rachael Weeks will be teaching in EYFS (4 days a week).
So what are the children doing this Half Term....??
|Reception||Why do Zebras have stripes?||Do Ladybirds have spots?|
|Year 1||The Enchanted Woodland||The Enchanted Woodland|
|Year 2||Wiggle and Crawl||Wiggle and Crawl|
|Year 3||Gods and Mortals||Mighty Metals|
|Year 4||Misty Mountains Sierra||Misty Mountains Sierra|
|Year 5||ID||Beast Creators|
|Year 6||Spy Missions||ID|
- 27/01/17A belated Happy 2017 to you and your families. Welcome to the first entry of the Executive Principal's Blog on our new website. Both schools have made a positive start to the term and children have settled well. The children all look very smart in their school uniforms. All classes have parti...Read Full Story